P.S. 254: Exceeding Expectations
Welcome to The Magnet School of Leadership Development and the Arts! We are a magnet school in the Richmond Hill neighborhood of Queens serving students in 3K/PreK through 5. At our school, you will find:
- A dedicated, caring, and highly skilled staff devoted to helping every child succeed.
- A “whole-child” approach to education, with a strong focus on rigorous academics, leadership skills, social and emotional learning, and the arts.
- A warm, inclusive, and accepting community that respects the backgrounds and cultures of all students.
Leadership Development & The Arts
We are proud to be part of the New York City Magnet School Program. As a magnet school, we are a public school within the NYCDOE. Our magnet funding supports special facilities, partnerships, programs, and training around STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) and our magnet theme: Leadership Development & The Arts. Our students engage in rich opportunities such as:
- Leadership development through our “Leader in Me” program
- A robust theater program with annual student performances of Disney productions
- Strong visual arts and music programs supported by full time staff and “artists in residence”
- Enrichment and field trip opportunities through our city partnerships
Our vision is to create a learning environment in which all members of our community are dedicated to helping all students exceed expectations.
All members of our school community will work towards establishing and maintaining a learning environment that ensures students’ academic progress and achievement, as well as emotional and social development. This nurturing educational environment will enable all students to learn and develop their unique talents and individual attributes.
Parental involvement and community-based partnerships will enhance our ability to develop students who are leaders, problem solvers, critical and independent thinkers, and productive citizens who are able to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
In the Classroom
We are located in southwestern Queens in the Richmond Hill neighborhood. We are easily accessible from the J line.